"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world. . ."
--Marianne Williamson
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world. . ."
--Marianne Williamson
I often come across quotes/scriptures/thoughts that stand out to me, and I thought I would start posting them and commenting on them (or at least trying to comment on them--I'm not always as eloquent as I want to be).
This quote comes from Jonathan's application letter to George Wythe University. He shared it with me last month and I haven't been able to get it out of my mind. It keeps coming up in conversations with other moms and them not thinking they are good enough to homeschcool, and in Relief Society lessons when talking about our potential as mothers and wives, and in my own thoughts about things I need to do, but don't want to put forth all the effort, and in other conversations with friends. It has struck a chord. I need to do the right thing even though it may be hard and require more effort. I need to do things I enjoy even though someone may do that thing better than me. I need to do my best and not hold back. I need to play big.
I love it! I Am A Child Of God is one of the first Primary songs we learn, but it's still so easy to forget how powerful that message is. As a child of God, there is at the very core of who we are a thread of divinity. I think one of the greatest challenges of life is to develop that thread and constantly reach new levels.
ReplyDeleteThat is a fantastic quote. I might need to share that with others. I love it thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteWho is the Mecham family? That can get confusing. I am sorry to tell you this but I can't run on Saturday, I am just REALLY not good enough. Everyone else including you is going to pass me and I just KNOW they are going to be laughing at me while they pass. I just CAN'T do it! Just kidding (a little), I will see you Saturday.
ReplyDeleteGreat post!
ReplyDeleteOK, I changed my user name to something that identifies me a little mo' betta.
ReplyDeleteJonathan (aka: The husband formerly known as "Mecham Family")