My mom recently bought a car and used a "vehicle sales and leasing specialist." I've never heard of them, but they are kind of like a realtor for cars. You tell them what kind of car you are looking for and they help you find it. That is only kind of right. They have a "car lot" but I'm not sure how they get the cars and then people can buy cars from their lot. We decided to try the specialist that my mom used. He was fantastic! He emailed me about 2 vans and the 2nd one was the one that we bought. He took all the hassle out of buying a vehicle. He had great customer service skills and was willing to work with us. We recommend him to anyone who plans on buying a car. His name is James Gipson and he works for Arizona Fleet. Call him at 602-889-5964 or visit their site at www.arizonafleet.com.
Our van is a Chevy Express. I took this picture at night, so it's hard to see, but it's huge! It's tan-ish in color. The kids love having a new van. There are a few things to get used to when driving a bigger vehicle--parking, lane changing, turning corners. I think I'm getting the hang of it, though. I am also having to get used to there being only 1 door for the kids to get in and out of. And we don't have keyless entry yet, so I have to rememeber to lock all the doors everytime we get out of the van.
I had Suburbans when my kids were young. I just got into the habit of parking the farthest away from the entry of the store or church (burns a few more calories walking is a plus) and I always tried to "pull through" if the parking spaces allowed. You do what you gotta do when you have a big family! Congratulations on you New Van!
ReplyDeleteDo you need a special drivers license for that sucker? Just kidding, I love it! Parking can be tricky but the bigger the vehicle the safer you are. I got rearended in the Suburban once and wasn't even sure what had happened. I remember asking Matthew to look behind us and see if there was a car there. I barely felt it, his car on the other hand felt it plenty.
ReplyDelete