Sunday, October 14, 2012

Ashlee, Teaching, and Love


I don’t remember where I learned this truth, but it is a powerful principle:

One of the surest ways to become attracted to or fall in love with a woman is to observe her doing something she does well. 

Today I was able to teach a class at church with my wife.  The flame has been stoked.

Ashlee is amazing.  She is a natural teacher.  It is a joy to watch her teach, because she brings a wonderful balance of preparation and mastery of the information, awareness of the needs of the audience, and an ability to connect with them.

She works well with what the students bring to the table – seamlessly melding it with her prepared material.  She seems to have a sixth sense about when to push a student just enough to help them grow.  And she never misses a beat when her personal experience enhances the principles being taught.

I could go on and on, but long story short:  I am more madly in love with my wife than I have ever been.  I want her by my side forever.  I relish at the thought that she will continue teaching me and our kids.  She is wonderful!

1 comment: