I found a set of books at the library called "All About _____". There are 5 books for each of the major food groups. I thought I could implement a little academic learning into our cooking class. Today we learned about grains and each kid made their own loaf of bread following a recipe in the book. We are also going to plant some wheat grass and go to Sprouts to check out some other grains (we were only familiar with wheat, rice, corn, barley, and oats). We grind grains and make bread often in our house using a mixer, so kneading by had was a new experience. The recipe was in ounces, so we learned how to use a scale to measure. The kids loved the idea of having their own loaf all to themselves.

Looks like school is going great! Happy Birthday and hope to see you guys soon.
ReplyDeleteI love the little loafs of bread! Hope they tasted yummy!
ReplyDelete