Thursday, April 7, 2011
French Braids
When we went to the carnival awhile back, Braedi got her hair french braided at one of the booths. That night, after her shower, she asked me to put another braid back into her hair. Unfortunately, I never mastered that skill. I've been taught a couple of times but with no success. I recently bought a girlscout handbook and one of the pages in it taught how to do a french braid. I followed the directions and came out with a pretty decent french braid. Tonight both Dyllan and Braedi asked for one and I decided that I could use the practice. I'm pretty proud of myself. It feels so good to learn something new. I still need to figure out how to get the sides smooth (a comb didn't help), but with more practice I'll get it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very nice. Remember practice makes perfect:) haha I know lame.
ReplyDeleteI taught myself with a book from the library, years ago. I never wanted to learn when I was younger, then I got Reagan, with her long beautiful hair and decided I needed to learn. You will get better with more practice, although it looks pretty good to me.
ReplyDeleteCute! Although I don't have any girls with hair to braid, my sisters and I used to braid each others. It definitely took a lot of practice. Keept it up!
ReplyDeleteGood for you. It is always fun to learn something new!
ReplyDelete