One of the performers at Women's Conference this year was a young pianist named Josh Wright. He told us that the thing he likes to do best is combine classical music and hymns. He played an interesting song combining How Great Thou Art and a classical song I was unfamiliar with.
Then he wowed the audience (at least the part of the audience that I was sitting it) by playing a piece by Franz Liszt. He introduced it by saying that Liszt liked to write difficult songs to show off how good he was. I have now learned that Liszt was known as the most technically advanced pianist of his age and perhaps of all time. I also read that there are few sources that give an impression of how Liszt really sounded. If that's true then he must have been a fantastic pianist. When Josh Wright played La Campanella I was very impressed. If he sounded that good then what did Listz sound like?
I tried attaching the video, but it won't work. Here is the link to a youtube video. Please check it out. And be sure to listen all the way to the end. I think the end is the best.
Amazing! Thanks for sharing!!!
ReplyDelete