Friday, July 29, 2011

Lem'n Berry Cheesecake

In honor of National Cheesecake Day on July 30th, we made a cheesecake for cooking class.
Lem'n Berry Cheesecake
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. lemonade flavor drink mix
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 c. milk
2 c. thawed cool whip whipped topping
1 graham cracker pie crust
1 c. mixed berries

Beat cream cheese, drink mix and sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended.  Gradually beat in milk, whisk in cool whip.
Spoon into crust.
Refrigerate 1 hour.  Top with berries just before serving.

Verdict?  Too sour! 

Maybe the problem was that we used the individual drink mixes for water bottles instead of the mix for 1/2 gallon pictures.  We could hardly finish our slices.  Plus it was super runny!  I tried to salvage it today and turned it into a smoothy.  I added milk some frozen berries and frozen bananas and a little more sugar.  It was still a little sour, but more bearable.  Too bad.  I love cheesecake and the sour-ness ruined it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment