A new-member family in our ward had to go out of town last weekend and asked the ward to help watch their 5 kids. Jonathan and I volunteered to watch the 3 younger ones because they are the same age as Corbin, Dyllan and Ephram. We knew it would be crowded, but figured it would be a good opportunity for them to see a family in the gospel.
On Friday, I picked them up from school (a new adventure for me) and brought them to our house. They kids played well together and had a fun time. Saturday we went fishing and then to my parents house for a family activity. We had to take 2 cars everywhere. Sunday was church. Getting 8 kids ready for church--bathed and dressed and looking decent--took a long time. Bedtime was another adventure. The only place for extra people to sleep is on the floor. They crowded into the kids' rooms and giggled and talked until they finally fell asleep. Eating was another adventure. Our table only fits 8 people so Jonathan and I stood while eating. We used so much more food and had to wash more dishes. Monday morning I had to get them up and take them to school. I've never had to do that. Luckily they eat breakfast at school, so all I had to do was wake them up, get them dressed and pile them in the car.
I'm glad that we could help the family and have these kids in our home. I'm also glad that they all got along so well. It was a fun adventure, but I'm glad that it is over.
No comments:
Post a Comment