Friday, November 2, 2012

United States--Texas and Utah

"Don't mess with Texas!" and "Remember the Alamo" are favorite sayings about this state.  Texas is a big state with all kinds of different climates, but the thing I think of when I think of Texas is cowboys.  I took this idea and we made mini-cowboys. 
The kids felt like they knew about Utah already because it is a place we've visited so many times.  Over the summer we visited the Great Salt Lake and just got our feet wet, but we didn't get to float in it.  We attempted to make a Mini Salt Lake and see what we could get to float in our salt water.  Nothing un-normal floated because the kids wouldn't let me put more salt in--they didn't want me to waste it. 


1 comment:

  1. That's too funny about them not wanting you to waste the salt.
    Love the mini-cowboys - very cute!

    ReplyDelete