Saturday, December 1, 2012

Biz Day

Our homeschool group had it's annual Free Enterprise Day.  The name was different this year, but it was still the same idea--make and sell and buy.  I debated for a long time if I wanted to participate this year and as a result we got started a little late.  The kids found some ideas on pinterest using supplies that we had at home, so there was no outside cost.  They didn't have time to earn money so I searched every possible spot and found $1 in change for each of them.  They paid me back half the amount at the end of the day.  The kids love this activity and I love that this year they didn't most of it on their own, and they each had their own item to sell.

Braedi made bookmarks.  This was actually her own idea, not one she found on-line.  She designed, colored and cut 15 bookmarks and sold all but 2. 

Corbin originally wanted to make snow globes, but the day before the event he still hadn't finished one, so he decided to make candy cane cookies.  He sold all of them.

 Dyllan found a recipe for edible finger paint.  She made lots of different colors and sold out.
Ephram made these cute clothespin airplanes.  He sold all but 1.

Faythe and I didn't make anything, but we bought some things.  We both bought a cloth ring and some food. 


2 comments:

  1. What great projects! Good job guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a great turn out. It was always our favorite day!

    ReplyDelete