Last week I mentioned that we read the "All About Meat and Fish" book and were going to make tuna melts but discovered that we didn't have any tuna fish. Well, I bought some and that is what we made. . .or at least some of us followed the recipe.
Tuna Sweet Corn Melt
2 oz sweet corn
1 Tbl mayonnaise
1 small can of tune in water, drained
.5 oz grated cheddar cheese
wholegrain bread roll
salt and pepper
1. Mix the sweet corn, mayonnaise, and tuna in a bowl with salt and pepper.
2. Spread the mixture on the roll. (We used English muffins)
3. Sprinkle the cheese over the tuna and grill until cheese is melted. (We used the broiler, but a toaster oven would work as well).
The kids didn't like the idea of having corn in it. I followed the recipe and made one for Jonathan and I. Braedi and Corbin made sandwiches and Dyllan, Ephram and Faythe just at the tuna mixture plain or with crackers. I don't think I'll ever use this recipe again. I have others that I like better.
For Wow Wednesday we attended a Red, White & Blue Celebration that a friend invited us to. There were crafts and speakers. The kids enjoyed the crafts, but the speakers were a little long-winded for such a young crowd. I enjoyed what they had to say, though. I love learning about the founding fathers and the principles that our country was founded on. Too bad I forgot my camera again.

No comments:
Post a Comment