Ashlee has been asking me to do a couple of posts on my schooling and my recent cardiac issues. Unfortunately, I've always had a strong rebellious streak, so this post will have nothing to do with those topics.
Dinner First!
I got a bit creative tonight making my own dinner. I couldn't decide what I wanted when Ashlee was making her dinner so I got to make my own. I'm calling it a spicy pan fried halibut sandwich with avocado lime sauce. I started by looking at a pan fried fish recipe and thinking: Well, that looks boring. So I closed the cookbook and did my own thing. It was REALLY GOOD! So good, in fact, that I took a picture...
I'd eat it again if I could.
On With The Show!
The show for tonight is a KSTDT segment. (That stands for Kids Say The Darnedest Things) The following are a few specimens over the last couple of days or so:
1) Corbin: What's dad doing?
Ashlee: Sauteing some stuff and wishing he had a wok.
Corbin: But we already had a walk today!
2) Dyllan: I'm afraid of the dark at night. But during the day, I'm not afraid of the dark.
3) I was studying at a table we have in our bedroom, and suddenly a little sing-song voice lilted out of our bathroom...
Ephram: "I'm going pooooooo-oooooooop. I'm going pooooooo-ooooooooop. One. two. three...." the counting continues up to eleven (which he says in a squeaky, high-pitched voice. Then followed some incoherent babbling.... "eight. nine. ten. eleven!!!" (I'm guessing that the babbling was some debate about the accuracy of the first count.) A brief silence was suddenly interrupted by, "SOMEBODY WIPE MY BOTTOM!!!"
I laughed so hard I cried, and fortunately (or unfortunately if you're sick) I didn't get any pictures.
I would have thought that Ashlee would have gotten that stubborn streak out of you by now :)
ReplyDelete