Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Mom, Can I Keep Him?

This morning, Jonathan and the kids came home with a puppy.
My first question was "Why?" If you remember, we had a dog, and we didn't do too well. Jonathan explained that it was running around the neighborhood and he didn't want it to get hit, so he brought it home. Jonathan gave the dog a bath, we fed and watered it and the kids played with him. He checked out our back yard and barked/whined at the door when the kids went inside. I tried to get some pictures so we could put up signs. Thankfully the signs did their job. The dog was gone by lunchtime. But, we had a very sad Corbin on our hands after he left. He wants a pet, but I'm not ready to get another dog. I'm (kind of) OK with a pet, but it can't stink or take up too much space, and it has to be easy to take care of. I haven't found the perfect pet yet, so poor Corbin will have to do with trips to the pet store and playing with other people's pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment