Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Potty Training: Day 3

I potty trained each of my kids differently, but I never enjoyed the process. Now it's Faythe's turn. I've gone back and forth on this--should I wait until she's older? should I start now? She acts like she's ready and I am tired of changing diapers. For 8 years I have had at least 1 kid in diapers. I'm DONE!

I have been putting her on the potty at random times, but haven't been consistent. (I keep forgetting.) So, I figured if I put her in underwear that would force me to remember. (Who wants pee-pee spots all over the house?!?) Day 1 there were a couple of accidents. I took her to the bathroom every hour or so. As soon as she sits down I know if she's going to pee or not. If she starts playing around she's not, but if she sits and holds still she goes. Today she told me 2 times that she needed to go potty. She's making progress.

Wish us luck!

4 comments:

  1. I love that she is sitting on the potty with her princess shoes on.... what a doll! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, good luck! Much braver than me - I could never bring myself to do it until they were 3. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knew sitting on the toilet could look so sophisticated?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so you know some day Faythe is going to get older and not appreciate this picture so much. But for now thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete