Saturday, March 26, 2011

Braedi Turns 9

There is something about a 9 year old. When someone tells me they are 9, I think that is old (at least so much older than 8). I can't believe that Braedi is 9!
Braedi requested a surprise for her present. I'm not good at surprises--I like to be told what they want. I just think it is easier and I'm a lazy shopper. I went shopping a was looking around and couldn't find anything that I thought she would like. Then I tried the game section and I found something I thought she would like. We were playing the game Clue Jr the other day and I told Braedi how I thought she and I should play the regular Clue. We borrowed it from my mom and were excited to play, but half the pieces were missing. We were bummed. I saw Clue at the store and decided to buy it. I hid it in the car until I could bring it inside without her seeing it. I put it in my room. Faythe got into my room and found the present and called to Braedi, "Is this your present?" Braedi saw it and it was no longer a surprise. All that for nothing! But, she was still grateful and we played a game of it this afternoon.
Braedi got to spend the night with Grandma and Grandpa Garrett. They went to dinner and then shopping for clothes. The next morning they took her to a school carnival put on my sister's PTA.
Grandma Mecham brought over a special ding-dong cake and we ate it after Braedi's favorite dinner of tacos.
Braedi loves to play with friends and her siblings. She often says how grateful she is for her siblings because if she didn't have any she would be bored. She loves activity days and doing Faith in God activities with me. Braedi loves to read, draw and learn. She is excited to try new things and is a good helper. Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like she had a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Braedi's new clothes are adorable. I agree that it is weird when your own kids get older. I can't believe that Matthew is going to be 12.

    ReplyDelete