To help me celebrate the holidays with the kids I created a heart shaped chain with each link containing a valentine activity.
The helper of the day gets to break off the heart for the next day. I did it that way so that I could get prepared for the activity.
Day 14--Valentine Scavenger Hunt (The poems aren't mine--I found them on another site.)
Each clue was written on a heart shaped paper and placed through out the house. The final treat was a pink banana smoothie.
To find the treasure, you will follow many clues. Look for the next clue where you keep your shoes.
Where your treasure is, nobody knows. Find your next clue where we wash the clothes.
Another clue? You'll need more. Find the next clue at the front door.
You'll find the next clue in the spot where you sleep.
Search for the next clue in the room where we cook our food.
You're doing great with so many in a row. Find another clue where you watch a show.
I love you so much! You are so sweet! Look in the shower to find your Valentine's day treat. (I didn't actually have the smoothies in the shower. I taped a picture of the treat to the shower wall and we had it for snack.)
Pink Banana Smoothie Recipe (I didn't have the ingredients for the actual recipe so I made up my own.)
1 can of pineapple with juice
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen raspberries
2 frozen bananas
1 cup milk
Blend until smooth

What a great idea! I need to get better about celebrating the holidays too.
ReplyDelete