Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas with the Garrett's

My mom wanted us to join her and dad for church the Sunday before Christmas and then return to her house for dinner and Christmas festivities.  My brother and his family were in town and it was great to see them. 

After church we took some family photos (still waiting for a copy) then had a yummy dinner.  Next the kids acted out the nativity then played Silent Night on the chimes. 
Then they got to open presents.  I made my kids' wish list this year and some of them weren't too happy, but I didn't want my parents to spend money on toys.  I opted for some fun science kits and school games.  Turns out they love them and have been playing with them often.  I got some new boots and then Jonathan and I got some money that we will use to buy a new stove.

One of my favorite things about this time of year is getting to spend time with family.  The kids have so much fun playing with cousins and I enjoy visiting with the adults.  Memories are being made.


No comments:

Post a Comment