Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Utah Trip

Christmas morning we learned that my Grandpa Garrett passed away.  We were expecting it--in fact we were asked to pray that he wouldn't have to suffer long.  We found some warm clothes, borrowed some coats and headed up to snowy Utah for the funeral.  The funeral was nice--I learned some neat things about Grandpa.  I saw some cousins that I haven't seen for a long time and it was great to visit with everyone.  We also got to visit with the Hodges side of the family.  It isn't very often that we can get together, but I love seeing all my aunts, uncles and cousins. 

There was a lot of snow on the ground and the kids begged to be able to play in it.  They had on their borrowed coats, some mittens and beanies, jeans and tennis shoes.  I thought they would only last for a few minutes, but I finally had to call them in after an hour because it was starting to get dark. 

The funeral was on Saturday.  We decided to drive home Monday.  We stopped in St. George to visit with some of Jonathan's friends from Uganda then went to the temple to see the Christmas lights (because we failed see them at the Mesa temple). 




It was a was a great trip.

1 comment: