Thursday, April 11, 2013

Around the World

Remember how I said we would take a trip around the world after we finished our unit on the 50 states?  Well, we've finally departed.  Our first matter of business was to learn a bit about our world.  We read a great book called Me on the Map where we learned the difference between continents, countries, states and cities. 

Then we made a paper mache globe.  MESSY!  We painted it and added continents.  We learned about latitude and longitude lines, the equator and prime meridian/international date line.  We even attempted to learn about he tropics of cancer and capricorn. 


We will slowly work our way around the world, spending time in several countries on each continent.  Most of my ideas come from the curriculum I purchased form this site.  I've also found some great books at the library with fabulous ideas. 
 

1 comment: