Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mother/Daughter Service Project

A while back I talked about how Braedi and I spend one night a week working on activities for her Faith in God book. Our most recent activity was to plan and hold a parent-child activity. Some ideas were a picnic, hike or service project. We chose to do a service project. We decided tying fleece blankets for a shelter would be easy and fun. Braedi picked a few girls from her activity day group and invited them and their moms to attend. We bought the material and prepared it by cutting strips (fringe) on the edges. Tonight was the big night. We got together at the church, visited and tied. It was fun. I enjoy the one-on-one time I get to spend with Braedi working on these goals. Corbin can't wait until he's 8 and he gets to work on his Faith in God book with me.

I forgot to take pictures of the activity tonight, but here is one of Braedi cutting the strips.

No comments:

Post a Comment