Saturday, September 17, 2011

Artists Imagine

This year for art, I decided to forgo the co-op that we had been doing and do art on our own.  Last year I used a fantastic book that I found at the library called Making amazing art : 40 activities using the 7 elements of art design.   This year I found an art curriculum called ARTistic Pursuits.  Each lesson has a theme, a sample art work to study and an art activity.  So far the kids have liked it. 

This week we looked at how artists imagine and studied a painting by Marc Chagall.  The kids went on an imagination walk gathering images for their brains to work with.  Then they used water color crayons to make a picture of a time they enjoyed.  They were supposed to use their imaginations to add things to the picture, but I think they were too caught up in using new art supplies that they forgot that detail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment