Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Countdown--Day 1

Day 1 is actually Valentine's Day--did I count right?  I made the activity for today be eat pink and red foods.  I didn't think this one out too much though.  It could have been a lot funner, but I'll work up to that for next year.  Last year was nothing, so at least I've made some progress.

For breakfast I made pink, heart-shaped pancakes. They were made pink with strawberries, but the heart-shapes looked horrible.  If I'd planned better we could have had strawberry milk, too, and fresh strawberries. 
Our lunch was a picnic with no pink food.  But for dinner I cut hot dogs and made hearts with Cupid's arrows.  We also had red bell peppers.  I don't know what I would have done different, but I have time to think about it. 
I have memories of waking up on Valentine's day and finding a treat from my parents on my chair at the kitchen table.  I didn't do that for the kids because I didn't want to give them more candy.  But I saw what some other people did and I have some good ideas for next year.  Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. At least you made some fun memories for your kids. I think you had you did great!! You have been on fire blogging this month. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete