It was my turn to teach our art co-op in November and I chose to teach the element of texture. I like to use the book entitled
Making Amazing Art! 40 activities using the 7 elements of art design by Sandi Henry. It has great teaching ideas. I introduced tactile texture (texture you can touch) and visual texture (texture that you see and want to touch but can't feel).
Our activities:
1. Crayon rubbings--the kids drew a simple design and filled in the spaces with textures from around the house and yard.

2. Textured flowers--I found a bunch of pictures from magazines that showed texture. The kids took those pictures and cut out flowers to decorate a paper.

3. Texture painting--the kids used different items (cars, marbles, toothbrushes, legos, leaves, cotton balls, etc.) to create texture with paint. When the paint was dry they cut out feather shapes and made a turkey.
No comments:
Post a Comment