Thursday, December 9, 2010

Random Pictures

Our homeschool group has started doing a "book club". The kids (or as a family) read the book and then we discuss it. Our first book was Old Yeller. I led the discussion and was impressed as to how well the kids knew the book. Leading a discussion is new to me and is a work in progress. I look forward to our next discussion on The Cricket in Times Square.

Before we had our discussion we went on a field trip to PetsMart. Corbin loved it and hasn't stopped talking about getting a pet. In fact, he's come up with a way to try to earn money so that he can get a Beta fish. He made some paper airplanes and has been selling them on the corner. He's sold 3 and made $2.

The day of our Free Enterprise activity, Christy and I took the kids to a ballet. We watched A Midsummer Night's Dream. We listened to the play before and read some books so that we would be familiar with the story. We got to see the player warm up and watch the stage get set-up. It was a fun experience.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading about the play first and then taking the kiddos to a cultural experience! Methinks I may be copying you (what else is new--when I see something good...and that's usually what I see from you!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool that Corbin is earning money for his next pet - very creative business he came up with!

    ReplyDelete