Thursday, December 9, 2010

Anne of Green Gables

Yesterday I finished reading a loud Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery to the kids. It was my first exposure (minus a few hints to her adventures) to the book and as I closed the book I wondered "Why have I never read this book before?" What an endearing character Anne is! I loved her imagination and her realization of what she needed to have scope. I loved her passion--good and bad. I love how she could see the good in every situation and was always trying to be a better person/friend. I loved how at the end she and Gilbert finally became friends (though I hated waiting until the end for it to happen--I wish it happened earlier). It was a fun read and I recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it yet.

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read it, thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are 8 books to the Anne of Green Gables series and I would highly recommend all 8. I love Anne - I have the moment I discovered her. The series follows her life and the last life focuses a bit more on her children.
    When I was younger I loved the young Anne more, but now as a a mother I love and appreciate the wife and mother Anne.
    L.M. Montgomery is also one of my favorite writers. All of her books are good, but my 2nd favorite series is Emily of New Moon.
    Did the children like the book?

    ReplyDelete