Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Big Yellow Plane Took My Man Away

The song really goes "A big yellow taxi took my girl away", but I thought my title fit my situation better. This morning we got up super early and took Jonathan to the airport. He's on his way to Uganda for 9 weeks. He's making a stop in Denver first to help bless his best friend's baby, then on Wednesday he makes the flight to Africa. What an awesome experience for him. He gets to teach the teachers there about Leadership Education. You can follow his adventures here.

I have been mentally preparing myself for his absence since January and think I'll be able to survive. I'm blessed to have a lot of friends and family around who are worrying for me and are willing to help. I'm going to miss him, though. And so will the kids. I made a countdown sheet and have a list of a bunch of fun activities to distract them when it gets too hard.

The next line to the songs goes "now don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till it's gone?" I hope that it didn't take him leaving for me to know how lucky I am to have him in my life.

I love you, Jonathan! You'll do an awesome job.

No comments:

Post a Comment