Saturday, June 11, 2011
Let's Play!
I've been thinking a lot about relationships. How do I have a good relationship with my kids? What does a good relationship look like? What do I need to do to make sure that I am building good relationships? I've also been thinking a lot about what core phase looks like. Core phase is the foundation of a leader. It is teaching work. It is playing. It is learning what is right and wrong, true and false, good and bad. Oliver DeMille says that if you are doing this phase right you are not saying "go play!" you are saying "let's play!" This is not something I am good at. I like watching my kids play. I like being able to get things done when they play. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that I need to play with them all the time, but today I decided to play with them. We played dress-up and put on a short play. I hope that is a step to building a good relationship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
good idea!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, playing with your children is sooo much harder than watching them play, but it is also a lot more rewarding.