We did cooking class today and made some yummy no-bake granola bars. I got the recipe from a friend. It was super easy and super tasty.
5 cups crispy rice cereal (I didn't have any so we used crushed rice chex)
4 cups cooking oats
1 cup raisins
1 cup honey
1 cup brown sugar (I want to experiment with the amount of sugar--they were really sweet)
1 cup peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
Combine cereal, oats, and raisins in a large bowl.

In a small saucepan, heat the honey and brown sugar to a boil, stirring constantly.


Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla extract and blend until smooth.

Pour this over the cereal mixture and mix well. Add chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.
Divide up and press into 2 ungreased 9x13 baking dishes (we used cookie sheets). Cool. Cut each pan into 24 bars.

Next time we want to try to add different things--other dried fruit, coconut, almonds. We stored the leftovers in the fridge because we used natural peanut butter.
No comments:
Post a Comment