Sunday morning during our rushed breakfast (no breakfast in bed when church is at 8:00) Jonathan read a note to the kids entitled "What I Want for Father's Day." In it he said that he didn't want breakfast in bed or special gifts. He went on to explain that the reason he's a good father (or even a decent man at all) is because of me and that what he wanted for father's day was for the kids to help me and tell me that they love me. He made a list of 9 things that he wanted them to do for me. It made me cry to hear all the nice things he said about me. I love how important it is to him that the kids recognize those things, too. I'm super lucky to have someone who appreciates me and is always telling me (and others) how much he loves me and how lucky he is to have me in his life.
He still got cards from the kids and one of his favorite desserts and lots of back rubs, and he also got a little of what he really wanted.
And just because posts are more interesting with a picture, here are a few fun ones of Jonathan with the kids.
Jonathan got this hammock in Bolivia and recently put it up in the back yard. One night I found him asleep in it. He used to sleep in hammocks while serving his mission there.
This one wasn't sideways when I uploaded it. . .hmmm. Jonathan is always falling asleep on the floor. This time Faythe decided to lie down next to him and see if she could get his attention.
Like father like daughter.
This is Jonathan's newest hobby--making long boards.
I love you, Jonathan!
No comments:
Post a Comment