For now, I'd like to share a video that I believe was compiled by Brian Mecham (of no known relation) at LatterDayConservative.com and LDSLiberty.org. This video captures quite powerfully the love that President Benson and other church leaders have for the Book of Mormon - as well as their understanding that a great purpose of this book is to teach us about liberty and proper government. This understanding comes with a warning that we must be diligent against personal apostasy and sin, secret combinations that exist in our government to destroy liberty and righteousness, and the promise that the God of this land has promised that it will be a free and prosperous land as long as it is righteous but will fall to violence and destruction if it ceases to heed His will.
The section of the video talking about Captain Moroni touched me. I have never made an actual oath to defend my rights. I have tried to do what I can to educate myself and others about, and fight for liberty. But I'd like to take this opportunity here to make this oath and to invite you to do the same.
I, Jonathan, to solemnly swear:
- To learn all that I can about the gospel and about liberty.
- To strive to live a more righteous life and seek the direction of the Holy Ghost in all of my efforts.
- To identify and fight against evil in all of its forms, even (or especially) when found in our government.
- To listen and obey when our prophets speak.
- To be more prepared physically, spiritually, and financially for what may come.
- To boldly share what I learn with others and invite them to do the same.
Captain Moroni is becoming one of my favorite scripture heroes. I love the reminder from Pesident Benson about turning to the scriptures.
ReplyDeleteI appreciate you being open about and supporting the truth! Very inspiring. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDelete