Last week the kids and I sorted through clothes. We pulled out stuff that was too small and most of the winter clothes. Then we went through the boxes of clothes that I have stored in the garage to find spring/summer clothes. Faythe had more than enough outfits--she has 2 older sisters and a cousin who have given her clothes. Ephram just needed a couple of shorts and shirts and a pair of sandals--he had all of Corbin's old stuff. Dyllan found all the skirts and dresses in her size and has plenty to wear. Corbin tried on all the stuff that his older cousins have passed on and only found 1 or 2 shirts that were comfortable. He is super-sensitive and picky about what feels good. And Braedi could wear some of her shorts and shirts from last year, but was in need of more.
Today I took Braedi and Corbin out to buy some clothes. We went to Once Upon a Child first and Corbin tried on at least 10 pairs of shorts with only 1 maybe and the rest NOs. He did find some shirts and so did Braedi. Then we went across the street to Target and were more successful. Braedi found 2 outfits. Corbin tried on 5 more pairs of shorts and found 2 that he liked. I picked out some stuff for Ephram (he's not picky) and we headed home. I'll take a picture of the kids in their new outfits and post them tomorrow.
Here's the picture. . .You might notice that Corbin is wearing a pair of old cut-off shorts. He put on a pair of new shorts and told me that they were too tight.
They look so....happy. :) So I guess clothes shopping really isn't their thing?
ReplyDelete