Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Happy Birthday to Dyllan!

I'm not big on celebrations--I don't go all out for any occasion, and birthdays are no exception. The kids get to pick what they want for breakfast and they don't have to do any chores. Jonathan usually tries to get that day off so we can do something as a family. I don't even do cake. I know, I'm boring. I don't like to do parties, but will throw one every couple of years.

Dyllan celebrated her 5th birthday on Friday. My parents came over the night before and brought presents and cake. All she asked for was a fancy play dress. She got that and some other clothes.

Here is Dyllan blowing out candles.

On her birthday she requested strawberry muffins for breakfast and going out for ice cream as a family. Jonathan had to work that morning, so we waited until he got home to open presents and get ice cream. Dyllan got some Fancy Nancy books, some fancy jewelry and hair ties and a Barbie.


That night Jonathan's parents came over to take Dyllan out to dinner and to a book store to pick out a book. She chose Red Robin (my favorite restaurant) and another Fancy Nancy book.



Even though there wasn't a huge celebration, Dyllan had a good birthday. I can't believe that she is 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment