Thursday, March 18, 2010

Grandparent's Night

Grandma and Grandpa Mecham invited all the grandkids (there are 9) over to their house for a sleepover last weekend. Woo-hoo! Date night for Jonathan and I! Jonathan had class so I dropped the kids off and waited for his class to be over. We went to dinner at Red Robin and then to a movie. We saw Avatar. I enjoyed it, but wished that they would have told me more about how they found the planet and why the rock was so important. I like the idea that everything is connected and didn't even get that the military was being put in a bad light.

Saturday morning the grandparents took the grandkids hiking and invited the parents to join. I'm always up for a good hike, so I joined the group. We went to Shaw Butte off of 7th Street and Thunderbird. Corbin, Matthew, Spencer, Jack and I hiked to the top of one trail while the others went back down. We met them for lunch after our short extension.


After lunch I took the kids home and they crashed until it was time to get ready for Jonathan's Elder's Quorum party. We had a BBQ at the park and played games and visited with people from the ward. It was a fun-filled weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment