Thursday, March 18, 2010

Waterfall Hike

My sister (Jennie) called Monday night and said that they would be over on this side of town on Tuesday and wondered if we wanted to join them for a hike. Of course I said yes. Ever since the rain the kids and I have wanted to go to the White Tanks and see the waterfall. I was hoping for a peaceful hike and chat with my sister, but I forgot that it was spring break for Dysart School District. We had to walk single file most of the way.

At the top the kids took off their shoes and waded into the water and over rocks to get to the waterfall. I stopped where the water started and just watched, wishing that I'd remembered my camera (sorry, no pictures).

We had a picnic at the park afterward and then came home. I love this weather. . .it's perfect for hiking!

No comments:

Post a Comment