Here they are de-stemming

Here's Braedi loading the cherries into the jars
Here are the jars going into the canner. The first time I put them in the canner the jars were floating and I was worried that they wouldn't seal because they are supposed to be under water. I re-read the directions and realized that I didn't put enough water in the jars. I only read the first and second steps that said put in 1/2 cup water then add the cherries. I didn't read the third part that said fill the jar with hot water. We had to pull the jars back out and add more water.
And here are the jars all sealed. They just need to be cleaned and stored. We even had a few cherries left over to eat fresh.
Neat I have never canned cherries before. What do you do with them and did you pit them?
ReplyDeleteOur systems are all working over time. We ate all of ours! Except for two bags that we gave to church leaders with a cute card that said; HI-HO Thanks-O.
ReplyDelete