Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Faith
I recently read on Conference talk about working with daughters on personal progress. I don't remember which talk--it was one of the many on how I can be a better mom. Anyway this talk and a conversation I had with a friend a while back pushed me to help Braedi with her Faith in God book. This is the program the church put together for kids ages 8-11. I decided that one night a week, after the other kids are in bed, we could work on an activity from the book. The first one we chose lead us on a search to discover how the sacrament helps us renew our baptismal covenants. We looked up the scripture in Moroni where Alma sets forth covenant of baptism and compared it to the sacrament prayers. Braedi made a list and planned to focus on that during sacrament. Then she prepared a family home evening lesson teaching us what we can do to remain faithful. We found a simple lesson/activity and she spent the week preparing. Last night she gave the lesson. I love when the kids prepare the family home evening lessons. It doesn't happen very often, but they always do a good job and are confidant. Braedi had us read scriptures that shared somethings we can do to strengthen our faith--read scriptures, go to church, show love, etc. Each scripture had a piece of a puzzle that, when finished, was a seed that grew into tree and had fruit. My favorite part was when she closed and shared her testimony.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love all the projects you do with your kids! Your example helps motivate me! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great job Braedi did! Kudos to her and to you!
ReplyDeletewe've decided that this is something we should be doing as a family, too, and all the kids are participating- not just dyson. it's fun, huh!
ReplyDelete