Thursday, July 15, 2010

Canning

My sister and I finally got together to do some canning. I got a pressure canner for my birthday and have been waiting for the day I could go over to her house and use it. I've been using her canner and my mother-in-law's canner for years, but was afraid to use mine by myself. That's why I had to wait to go over there. Plus it's always more fun to can with someone else. I canned some chicken while Jennie canned some beans. Then we took advantage of the smoking deal at Sprouts for peaches. We made some peach raspberry jam and canned some peaches. I'm not sure if the jam will set-up and the peaches don't look too pretty, but they'll taste good and it was fun to hang out with her and her kids.

While the beans and chicken were canning we headed outside to use the burner on the grill. Kitchen stoves just aren't big enough for all the canning we want to do. The kids swam and I sweated. It was SOOOO hot.





The kids usually get to watch a movie for quiet time when we visit cousins. We used to be able to put one movie in and please all the kids, but now that they are older their tastes are so different. Luckily Jennie has 4 dvd players.








Here's some pictures of the stuff we canned.




And here are my sister and me--all hot and sweaty.

No comments:

Post a Comment