The title should actually be a question. I want to know how to catch a gopher. All summer I've had a critter digging in my garden. Our pest control people think it's a gopher and I have no idea so I'm going with that. He's been leaving holes and piles of dirt all over the garden and dead plants in my garden. We've tried traps, flooding the holes and smoke bombs, but nothing has worked so far. My poor garden looks dead.
Here's some holes



Here's some dirt piles


And here's some dying tomato plants

I already pulled out the dead bean plants

Gardening is already frustrating for me and now I have something else to contend with. Any suggestions for getting rid of gophers?
Jonathan was telling us about your little "friend". Let me know if you would like more tomatoes.
ReplyDeleteJackie (who is a master gardener) says there isn't much you can do - they are very tough to get rid of.
ReplyDeleteHer only suggestion was a trap. She says to put it in the middle of the run (not near the holes).
Basically - find the two exit holes, dig up in the middle - put the trap in and then bury completely.
Hope that made sense.
Hope you get some more suggetions!
I have no suggestions! Don't be mad but I chuckled, just a little.
ReplyDelete